To qualify for a commission, a prospective candidate must meet the minimum requirements. The qualifying PST must be administered by a Naval Special Warfare coordinator or mentor.
To receive orders to BUD/s, a candidate must pass the PST, submit an officer package through a Navy Officer recruiter either at the Naval Academy, Navy NROTC college or at your local Navy Recruiting District. The PST consists of:
- 500 yard swim – 10 minute rest
- Maximum push-ups in 2 minutes – 2 minute rest
- Maximum sit-ups in 2 minutes – 2 minute rest
- Maximum pull-ups in 2 minutes – 10 minute rest
- 1.5 mile run – done in shorts and running shoes
|PHYSICAL SCREENING TEST||MINIMUM||OPTIMUM|
|Swim 500 yard breast or side stroke||12:30||9:00|
|Run 1.5 miles 10:30||10:30||09:30|
Prospective candidates can increase their chances of being selected for BUD/S and succeeding in training by having optimum PST scores.