Gyms may be closed, but your fitness can still stay on point!
We’ve received so many awesome emails about how grateful and TOUGH SEALFIT training is. But did you also know that it’s perfectly suited for confined space and limited equipment?
In fact, we’ve been so inspired by all of you SEALFIT athletes who continue to train at home during quarantine and are adapting to the current situation, that we wanted to share 10 ways you can improve your at-home training experience.
- Create a dedicated workout space. Try to use a garage or private area to keep family traffic from getting in your way.
- If you have kids or a significant other, try to involve them in your SEALFIT training. If you need your space, schedule time to yourself with your family.
- Pick a dedicated time to train each day to create consistency.
- Figure out what you are going to do beforehand so you don’t use up time trying to decide during your training time.
- Use external weights like dumbbells, kettlebells or sandbags to improve the effectiveness of your workouts. Our Limited Equipment Workout Of The Day is perfect for this.
- Prepare everything you need (water bottle, weights, etc.) before you start.
- Do the workout with someone over video chat if you are on your own.
- Do a 10-minute warm up that includes most of the exercises you plan to do in your workout. This will get your body ready to add load or turn up the speed.
- Do five minutes of Box Breathing to help focus your mind and prepare your lungs.
- Have fun! Put on your tunes and do a move you feel silly to try like a smurpee or duck walk!
Let us know on our Facebook page what else you are doing to improve your training at home.
We are also now offering 2 new daily workouts in SEALFIT Online Elite and Elite Plus that include a bodyweight workout and a limited equipment version of our world famous OPWOD.