Whether your challenge is to get through the SEAL Hell Week or have a winning season in your sport, developing a winning mindset is critical to succeed. You must train to think different than the common man or women. On the outside they may look like you, but on the inside you will be very different.
The Essence of a Winning Mindset
Mental training and preparation is the essence of a winning mindset. Nobody is born a winner, they develop the quality through many hours of patient internal training and practice. Sharpening the sword is 99% of the battle, while only 1% is the actual swinging of that razor sharp steel. The goal is to train so you can dominate any challenge you accept in life, in the process you will:
● Stay focused and relaxed, adaptable to the changing situation.
● Know that you are going to succeed – there will be no wondering.
● Tap into energy that lies deep inside that makes you capable of at least 20 times more than you think is possible.
● Control fear and turn stress into success.
● Keep goals very short, and be prepared for whatever comes your way.
● Find humor in the challenge through a positive attitude that keeps you and your team motivated.
● Be decisive and confident – a true leader.
These skills take time to develop, but there are some simple steps that make a big difference very quickly. In this new series I will begin to look at how to forge a winning mindset, and remove the question mark surrounding the outcome of the most important events and challenges in your life. Won’t it be nice to know that you WILL succeed?
to be continued…
– Mark Divine