Continued from last week…
Warriors through the ages have discovered the secret of a winning mindset: win the first battle – in your mind – then you will win every other battle in life. Remember: SEALFIT is more than training the body. You must embrace the whole person concept and see yourself as a body-mind-spirit. You’ll train these simultaneously, leading to optimal performance and greater success in all your endeavors.
We don’t do “easy” at SEALFIT. Training the body is simple compared to training the mind. One of my favorite mantras is, “where the mind leads, the body follows.” Lead your mind to victory that you can see, feel and believe, and your body will follow you to hell and back.
SEALFIT mental preparation has four distinct steps, which will get trained at deeper levels as you progress through the program:
1) Clear your mind. Eliminate distractions and allow thoughts of daily this’s and that’s to fall away. Develop a deep, positive concentration on the task ahead of you.
2) Know your “why” and your strategy and tactics. Modify them if needed based on changing conditions.
3) See victory in your mind, and practice for it. SEALs use processes we call “envisioning” and the “dirt dive.”
4) Charge your internal batteries for optimal performance.
There are four basic skills you can use when the fun begins. Practicing these four in advance can reap big benefits in the moment of challenge and choice. In summary, they are:
1) Arousal control through control of your breathing
2) Attention control through a positive internal dialogue
3) Seeing yourself winning
4) Effective goal setting
These four have been discussed at length in this BLOG and are an integral part of SEALFIT and Unbeatable Mind basic training. Good luck with your challenges and may you always enjoy a winning mindset – the first step to victory!
–Mark Divine, founder SEALFIT and Unbeatable Mind
P.S. Please read the following short, but sweet, testimonial from an Unbeatable Mind member:
“Mr. Divine, I’m Joseph Tuchman and this is my 12th month of UM. I would like to thank you so much for creating this program. You have changed my life.”
Leave a Reply cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.